February 6, 2011

Landmark


I breathe a big sigh of relief as the last Sunday of my four week series teaching Childbirth Classes comes to an end. I feel like I have been in a haze of eat, sleep, breath, childbirth, and I am now starting to come out of the fog. I am sure in years to come I will look back at this class and think “if only I knew…” but we all have to start somewhere right? I have learned more in this last month that I think I have in the last 5 years combined. I can honestly say that I put my heart and soul into this project and while it may not have been perfect I am proud to have a small dent in the attitudes surrounding birth in our culture. My journey to this place has been a long slow haul, and I am sure I have miles and miles left to travel but I think I am at a landmark in my ever evolving career!

No comments:

Post a Comment